Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sweet justice for Clemens


The saying what comes around goes around was never more true this week than ever. Clemens steroids leak made my decade. To top it off his supposed "honest" friend Pettitte also gets nailed. The Yankees had 9 players identified on the Mitchell report during the 2000 World Championship. Apparently it's not just money that buys championships- Steroids do too!


Clemens arrogance finally came back full circle. It's a beautiful thing to know he'll live his life in shame rather than the "adoration for his remarkable workout and ageless skills". Can the Yankees have anymore shame than they've gone through since the "Choke" in 2004 up to now?


These Yankee stories are the gift that keeps on giving...

5 comments:

wade said...

I don't deny the fact that Clemens did steroids. I do however think that he started doing steroids while playing for Boston. Look at his IP the last few years in Boston and tell me if you notice anything.

Ironic that Mitchell didn't find any Red Sox during his investigation don't you think? The bat boy for the Sox must not have been available that day to talk. That's right...no one on the Red Sox would ever do such a thing such as steroids or HGH.

On a side note, how will you feel if Clemens chooses the Red Sox as his representing team in the HOF? That is if he gets there.

Mike R said...

What a great day for Red Sox fans! There will always be a question mark surrounding Clemens greatness.

All I remember about Clemens last couple of years in Boston was that he looked overweight and he couldn’t seem to pitch anymore. Miraculously he goes to Toronto and New York and discovers some hidden strength. His fastball picks up speed and he once again becomes a dominate pitcher. If he was using HGH in Boston, he should ask for his money back.

Clemens can wear whatever hat he wants, Boston fans don’t care anymore.

The Commish said...

Wade- I have to disagree on when started taking steroids. Former GM Dan Duquette took a lot of heat for releasing Clemens and saying "Roger was in the twilight of his career". Clemens last 4 years in Boston he had a .500 winning %. The following year he came in more muscular and won a Cy Young. Regardless if he did pitch for the Red Sox he is one of the biggest losers of the game. I hope he doesn't wear a Sox hat but everyone in Red Sox Nation already considers him a Yankee. As for Pettitte that had to be the sorriest apology ever.
I will give you that there are a lot more players that were not busted. Most likely Red Sox players too. For the time being I'm enjoying the Yankees getting the spotlight.

wade said...

Innings Pitched for Clemens (all for the Sox)
'92 - 246.2
'93 - 191.2
'94 - 170.2
'95 - 140
'96 - 242.2
Interesting that his IP went up so much in '96...the same year that Jose Canseco played for the Sox. Also worth noting that Clemens and Jose were teammates in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Clemens, I am just somehow trying to justify Clemens and the Yankees in my mind.

Laurie said...

That damn Clemens.