
I pretty much kissed the NBA off about 3-4 years after Bird, McHale and the Chief left. As much as I hate to admit it I actually missed the Laker style of ball too. There was nothing like Celtics-76'ers, Celtics-Lakers in the early and mid 80's. After the Celtics-Lakers era the NBA turned to the Jordan era. That is where I stopped watching. The NBA became what it is today. Michael Jordan, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Kobe are all to blame. They turned the game into an individual sport. Teams started to clear everyone out and let their star go one on one. The passing, fast break offense became a thing of the past. The Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns are about the closest thing the NBA has to the glory days.
This new look Celtic team has me excited for a couple of reasons. They pass the ball around, their willing to put personal goals aside for winning a championship, and they want to restore the Celtic franchise to it's glory days. I'm not saying I'm going to out and buy the NBA ticket but It is starting to bring back old feelings. I'm actually checking the scores on the nights they play. Unfortunately when I watch the Celtics it also means I have to watch the Kobe's, Wades, Carters and McGrady's.
2 comments:
Celtics Suck! What is up with your facination with the Bean Town? Just stopped by the blog to see what propaganda you're spitting out. Go Ducks!
J-rad O.
The Jazz run last year brought me back a little bit. However, I agree with you, it is the "star" aspect of the NBA that keeps me away.
Post a Comment